anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Suse Linux and Netgear Wireless Routers

Before I started a new job I got a copy of Suse Linux 10.0 and installed it. I have a Netgear WGR614 wireless router with usb adaptors to connect to the internet. However I set it up and didn't bother setting following the instructions properly so now I have just spent a day setting it up again. (I say day in the lose sense as I have been doing other things in between.)

I discovered these on the web Suse Professional 9.x , ndiswrapper setup information and the troubleshooting section from ndiswrapper and wireless networking . Following these pages I have set up my wireless connection.

The main thing that you need to ensure you have before you start them is:
1. Your Suse Linux DVD/CDs
2. Your windows driver for your adaptor
3. The login information for your router
4. Another computer with access to the internet
5. Ensure that all your firewalls on the individual PCs (apart from the one on the router) are disabled.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall a newer version of ndiswrapper but this is a waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home