anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Getting Rid of Your PC

A few years ago I brought a new PC because my old one from my university days was on it's last legs. I got rid of my old PC by dumping it. This wasn't very ethical or envirnomentally minded but my monitor weighted 25Kg and I had no means of transport to get it to a recycling facility. Anyway after reading articles about how your hard disc can be read even if you use a program to wipe it, I physically smashed it to pieces with a hammer. This was about 3 years ago.

Yesterday I watched Real Story about people who sent there old PC's to be recycled yet didn't do anything to remove data of their hard disc. Some how they expected someone else to do this for them for free.


Technorati Tags: Recycling PC, Real Story, hammer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home