anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Monday, October 02, 2006

J2EE Design Pattern: Java Value Types

For some reason at the moment always seem to be using Design Patterns without knowing I'm doing so. I'm currently writing an app that gets data out of an XML document and uses the information obtained to build another document using Java. As the XML document is complicated I thought I would create some classes that hold simple information about the parts of the XML document in the form of a Java Bean or POJO (Plain Old Java Object). Anyway after I done this I was researching something else using a search engine, and came across this information on Java Value Types. It seems what I thought was a POJO or a Java Bean actually is a recognised Design Pattern and one of the uses of this Design Pattern is to marshall data to and from XML documents.



Technorati Tags: Java,J2EE, Design Patterns, Java Value Types

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home