anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Insults and Sexism

A few days ago I posted something on a message board. My post was basically a summary of other people's work and told the OP to use the boards search facility. The OP decided it was appropriate to:
1. Insult me on the board
2. Insult me via PM

A forum superuser saw the board insult and replied to the OP that I knew what I was talking about and the OP should use the search facility.

What is interesting in all the posts is that both posters presumed I was male as obviously only men use the computers and open source.


Technorati Tags: sexism, politics, technology, computing, issues

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home