anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Books I Wish People Will Read

While reading Creating Passionate Users I came across a list of books that people recommend others should read.

My books are:
Fiction- 1984 by George Orwell.
Why- I read this book first when I was about 16. I then re-read it when I was about 20 and then about 26. When I first read the book it made me think of states such as North Korea and history i.e. Nazi Germany, when I re-read the book it made me think more and more of modern Western Countries. Where there is a proliferation of CCTv cameras and people are demonised if they don't follow the government line.

Non-Fiction- Long Walk To Freedom by Nelson Mandela
Why-
This is the autobiography of a man who didn't lay down and follow the government line. He also suffered to achieve his goals and found that not everything is what it seems.


Technorati Tags: Books, Reading, Creating Passionate Users

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home