anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

User Levels and spreadsheets

I've not been writing since Xmas because I've taken a break from the computer world and sorting out moving house.

Anyway yesterday I realised again it's not a good idea to think that all users can use standard technology on whatever level they work at and have to be shown, lead or taught depending on their technology level.

I'm pretty useless at writing macros and using MS Excel or OpenOffice.org Calc, but there are high level technology users in my office who are equally as bad, and low level users who are brillant.

Technorati Tags: Open Source, spreadsheet, software

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home