anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Everyone's IT Expert

Before I worked in IT or became interested in working in it everyone who I met who had a job just introduced their title as "Something in IT". This mysterious job title was to stop people asking questions about their home PC.

However it doesn't work with family or close friends. I'm a software developer and write software that runs the backend of web applications. I have to muddle through my work using guess work and am quite competent at it. However I know very little about networks, printers etc. Yet everyone in my family thinks it's ok to ask me how to fix their printer, network etc or actually network it for them. Then they wonder why I have difficulty- it's because it's not my job.


Technorati Tags: IT Support, family, technology, computing, issues

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home