anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Email

I have sent company emails to my home email account. I done this for two reasons either the employer is abusive and I need a record of my interaction of them, or if I need to think something over.


However The New York Times reports on companies spending millions to keep coporate email safe. This is due to a large number of workers sending business emails to their webmail accounts so they can access them at home as for a variety of reasons. Having read the entire article there is nothing sinster in the employees actions. They basically want a simple way that they can connect to the office and sort out work-related problems unfortunately in the real world lots of companies don't realise that setting up webaccess to an employees inbox will sort this out. I have only worked for one company that has managed this and I didn't need to sent emails to a webaddress.

Technorati Tags: Email, Computers, technology, Trust

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home