anonymous tech woman

Yet another woman in technology blog. I'm actually a developer who uses a variety of Java and database technologies on a variety of platforms.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Law

I am in the process of moving house so my posts will be infrequent for the next 2 months. :(

Anyway I have complained before to companies who put me on their email marketing list without my consent and surprise surprise a new study has come out stating that email marketing abuse is rife. Basically firms are not following the EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications by asking for customers to opt-in and not sending out unsolicited mail to non-customers.

Another new law that has come to my attention is the UK government's Amendments to the Companies Act that makes it clear that from January 2007 every company is required to list its company registration number, place of registration and registered office address on its web site, order forms and other electronic business letters.

I have not checked how many UK companies are complying with the new law that I deal with but due to the rushed nature of the Act I reckon lots of companies are breaching it.


Technorati Tags: law, Computers, technology

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home